Hi, in this post i am going to show you how to move your WordPress site manually. Its very easy and can be moved using the following simple steps.
- Download your WordPress folders and files via FTP. (wp-admin, wp-content etc.)
- Login to your cPanel and go to
phpMyAdminand click on your WordPress database name.
- Click on
- Click on
Gobutton to start download.
wp-config.phpin text/html editor and note/write down
DB_USER(Database User) and
- Now upload your WordPress files via FTP to your new cPanel.
- Login to your new cPanel and create
MySQL Database. (For creating databases check out our post how to create mysql database.)
- Now go to
phpMyAdmin, select the database you’ve created.
- Now simply drag and drop the database
- Point domain to your new Hosting cPanel and your new site will be live after the DNS is resolved.
Moving to New Domain:
If you are moving to a new hosting and new domain then you will have to do the following extra steps.
- Navigate to
phpMyAdminand click on database name.
home, enter your new domain url and click
Prefix can be anything, I have added
prefix_ just for example. You can find the prefix in
$table_prefix = 'prefix_';
Moving WordPress Multisite:
If you are moving Multisite WordPress installation then method will be all same. The only difference is that you will have to search and edit
prefix_options for each site. For example if you have 3 sites then you will have
prefix_3_options in your database.